The Specialist Group open meeting for 2014 will take place, as always during a congress year, at the World Water Congress in Lisbon. More precisely on Wednesday September 24th from 13:30 to 15:00 in ROOM 0.06.
This is the proposed agenda for the meeting:
- Welcome address and apologies
- Approval of agenda
- Approval of minutes of the Medellin meeting
- Pi2015 – Report and update of progress
- Joint workshop with the Efficient SG in Pi2015
- Pi2017 Conference
- Current status of the manuals of best practice
- Chair person and Management Committee Elections
- Next SG meeting (Cincinnati)
- Any other matters
All Specialist Group members are kindly invited to attend this meeting.
The IWA Benchmarking and Performance Assessment Specialist Group will take part in the IWA Specialist Groups Leaders Forum to be held in Valencia next week (November 7th and 8th) with the topic “Empowering SGs”.
The meeting, which will take place at the Universitat Politècnica de València, will feature the presence a majority of the Specialist Group leader that will have a unique face-to-face opportunity for to communicate with each other and with IWA Secretariat, as well as discuss issues relating to SG activities, IWA strategies and linkage with all other IWA vehicles.
Enrique Cabrera (chair of the Benchmarking and Performance Assessment SG) and Ricardo Cobacho (secretary of the Efficient Urban Water Management SG) will be the local hosts of the meeting which will be chaired by Jean-Luc Bertrand-Krajewski and attended by the IWA Executive Director Ger Bergkamp.
Valencia will host the IWA Specialist Groups Leaders Forum
The minutes of the last meeting of the Specialist Group held in Busan, during the World Water Congress of 2012 can already be downloaded from our IWA group web page “SG Resources” under highlight information (you will be required to login to access this content).
As you may already be aware, the members-only information will be posted in the IWA group web page, while the rest of news, activities and public information for the Specialist Group will be published in this website.
Next month, we will have our annual Specialist Group meeting in Medellín, Colombia, during the Pi2013 conference. If you are a member of our group but have never attended our meetings, please join us to learn about our activities, meet us and propose new initiatives. We are always happy to meet colleagues from our group.
The BPA SG will meet on wednesday april 10th at 18:00, right at the end of the sessions. This is the draft agenda for that meeting:
BPA SG meeting – April 10th Medellin, Colombia
1. Welcome to members and apologies
2. Approval of Agenda
3. Approval of minutes for the Busan meeting
4. Report on the Smart Network Cluster meeting in Lisbon
5. Current status of the manuals of best practice
6. Procedure for election of SG officials
7. Pi2015. Concept and venue
8. Next meeting (Lisbon)
9. Any other matters
Pi2013, the 5th edition of the IWA International Conference on Benchmarking and Performance Assessment of Urban Water Services, will be held in Medellín, Colombia, from April 9th to 12th, 2013. The local organizers, Empresas Públicas de Medellín are making a great effort to organize a great event in the first visit of the Pi series to Latin America. The call for papers has already been published in the conference website and you can already submit your paper proposal in the same website.
Pi2013 will be once again host to many of the world’s especialists on performance assessment and benchmarking. In addition, the conference will witness the official presentation of AquaRating, a new rating system for water and sanitation providers developed by the Inter-American Development Bank
Medellín, the host city, has undergone a great change in the past decades and is now an example worldwide on how culture and social involvement can change the face of a city. The conference will be held in a modern venue with high standard facilities and delegates will also have the chance to enjoy a beautiful city in a wonderful weather. The chance of making the use of this opportunity to visit other Colombian cities like Cartagena de Indias should not be discarded lightly.
The Benchmarking and Performance Assessment SG is making considerable efforts to increase the participation from low and medium income countries. Pi2013 will be a great opportunity for regional experts to share experiences with international colleagues and continue to contribute to the region’s development.
We encourage you to prepare a proposal and submit an abstract at the conference website. And we hope to meet you in Medellín next spring.
- Medellín, Colombia – April 9th-12th, 2013
- Deadline for abstract submission: December 30th, 2013
- Benchmarking and performance assessment projects. Definition and establishment of performance assessment systems.
- Decision support tools based on performance indicators.
- Regulatory tools.
- Benchmarking as a tool for multilateral agencies.
- Experiences in low and medium income countries.
- Managing service contracts with performance indicators.
- Standardization and performance indicators.
- Performance improvement – methodologies and experiences.
- Benchmarking for water and sanitation services provision to the urban poor.
- Data collection, data quality improvement and data boot-strapping.
- Performance assessment and improvement of small water service providers.
- The use of performance measures and benchmarking to support utility improvement.
- Performance measures to support infrastructure asset management, business processes, customer service and organizational performance.